Butternut and Quinoa Soup
Prep Time 25 min
Cook Time 25 Min
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, cubed (bite-sized) butternut squash
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup Adams® 100% Natural Creamy Peanut Butter stirred
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 (14 oz.) cans reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely minced cilantro
- Cayenne pepper to taste, if desired
- Step 1
HEAT oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, cooking slowly until soft and yellow in color. Stir in squash, corn and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Step 2
BLEND peanut butter, water, cumin and salt in blender or food processor until combined. Add to vegetables in saucepan. Stir in broth and quinoa. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Step 3
REMOVE from heat. Stir in cilantro; cover. Allow soup to thicken 10 minutes. Season to taste with cayenne pepper, if desired.