Grilled Chicken Breast with Zesty Peanut Sauce
- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Adams® 100% Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (Large)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup Adams® 100% Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - or to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Step 1
WASH, trim and pound the chicken to flatten to a consistent thickness.
- Step 2
MIX brown sugar, peanut butter, canola oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl for marinade.
- Step 3
PLACE chicken in a shallow dish (or plastic bag). Cover with the marinade. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature or as long as overnight in the refrigerator.
- Step 4
REMOVE chicken from marinade and place on a hot grill. Grill about 4 to 6 minute on each side, turning only once, until browned.
- Step 5
COMBINE peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cayenne in a heavy saucepan for peanut sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 15 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in the stock and cream. Cook 1 minute more, whisking.
- Step 6
SPOON peanut sauce over hot chicken and sprinkle with the cilantro.